Thursday, April 12, 2012

Summary of meeting 4/11- Next Steps!

Hi everyone-

Thanks for the great meeting last night.  I'm happy to see a few updates on the wikispaces page already.

I have an important update related to the project that I wanted to share with all of you.  I spoke via email with Rino Ferrata, professor at Uni. Brescia and operator of the Franciacorta winery.  I asked him if he has any specific goals for the project, and here is his response:

"You actually got the main goal of ours, regarding the project. Our winery is pretty young, and export is the key point of our strategy. U.S.A. is a great market, but hard to grasp, both for its distribution structure and for the single State legislations. Now we have some connections in Texas, but what we'd appreciate is an analysis of What to do in order to find distributors there and in Canada and to select the States where to focus.
For sure these few words are not sufficient, but I hope they can be at least a way to start our cooperation.
Please feel free to ask anything you need to know in detail.
Best regards
Rino Ferrata

So, as you can see, he is particularly interested in the distribution strategy.  Notice that he specifically asks for help on what to do in order to find distributors in the US and Canada.  I would suggest that both teams be sure to address this question.  I imagine with some web searching, you will find directories of distributors.

He also asks about specific states (or cities/areas in Canada) in which to focus.  To answer this question, I think you should think about the target market for the high end, sparkling wine, and then think about how to match up that target with demographics on the states/cities. 

I know this is a big, ambiguous project, but you have a REAL chance to impact a REAL business!  Think how cool this will look on your resume!

Contact me with any and all questions!  Remember, I'd like each team to have their wikispaces page drafted by the end of finals week- May 11, 2012.

Ciao!

-Emily Plant


No comments:

Post a Comment